electrical system

Electricity is one of the essential components of modern life. It powers our homes and offices, providing us with the energy we need to work and live comfortably. However, as time passes, the electrical wiring in our buildings can become worn out and outdated, posing a serious risk to our safety. In this article, we will discuss six clear signs that your home or office needs rewiring.

Outdated Wiring

The age of your building is a significant indicator of whether or not it needs rewiring. If your home or office was built before the 1980s, there’s a high chance that the wiring system is outdated. This means that the wiring may not have the necessary capacity to support the electrical demands of modern appliances and equipment. As a result, your building may be at risk of electrical fires, shocks, and other hazards.

Frequent Electrical Surges

If you experience frequent electrical surges, it’s a clear sign that your building’s wiring needs attention. Electrical surges occur when the flow of electricity is interrupted, causing a sudden increase in voltage. This can be caused by faulty wiring, damaged appliances, or problems with the electrical grid. If you notice that your lights flicker or your appliances turn off and on without warning, it’s time to have your wiring checked.

Frequent Circuit Breaker Trips

Circuit breakers are designed to protect your building from electrical overload by cutting off the power supply when necessary. However, if your circuit breaker trips frequently, it can be a sign of a more significant issue with your wiring. This can occur when the wiring is unable to handle the electrical load, causing the circuit breaker to trip as a safety mechanism. If this happens frequently, it’s best to have your wiring checked by a professional electrician.

Burning Smell

If you notice a burning smell, it’s a clear indication that something is wrong with your electrical system. This can be caused by overheating wires, faulty outlets, or damaged appliances. Burning smells are a serious cause for concern as they can indicate a possible electrical fire. If you notice a burning smell, turn off the power supply immediately and call a licensed electrician.

Flickering Lights

Flickering lights are a common sign of electrical problems in your building. This can occur due to loose connections, faulty wiring, or damaged bulbs. While it may seem like a minor issue, flickering lights can be a sign of a more significant electrical problem. If the flickering continues after changing the lightbulbs, it’s best to have your wiring checked by a professional.

Damaged Outlets and Switches

Damaged outlets and switches are a clear indication that your wiring needs attention. Outlets and switches can become damaged over time due to wear and tear, accidental damage, or exposure to moisture. Damaged outlets and switches can be a significant safety hazard as they can cause electrical shocks, fires, and other hazards. If you notice any signs of damage, it’s best to have them replaced immediately.


The electrical wiring in your home or office is a crucial component of your building’s safety. As electrical systems age, they can become worn out and outdated, posing a serious risk to your safety. If you experience any of the signs mentioned in this article, it’s essential to have your wiring checked by a licensed electrician. By doing so, you can ensure that your building is safe and secure for everyone who uses it.

Are you tired of dealing with flickering lights and outdated electrical systems? Contact Turner On Services today and let our expert technicians rewire your electrical panel! With our dedication to staying up-to-date on the latest technologies and codes, you can trust us to provide top-notch service for your home or business. Don’t wait any longer, schedule your rewire with Turner On Services now!

Recommended Posts

No comment yet, add your voice below!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *